One day trek to Peb Fort (Vikatgad)
The Peb fort is named after the Goddess Pebi at the base of the fort and Vikatgad fort due to a shape of the mountain like Elephant Headed ‘Ganesha’. There are Caves having various meditation chambers carved out from the rock inside the mountain. Disciples of Shree Swami Samartha take care of these caves. The fort is completely in ruins. Today, it only has one Bastion towards the Panorama point of Matheran. Peb fort is very special because of its meditation chambers, which are well maintained with tiles to sit on. The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or ‘Padukas’ worn by the great saint kept on the top. The historical reference indicates that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves of the for storing grains.
Moderate to tough level of trekking.
Highlights of the trek
- Meditation cave chambers
- Historical insight of the fort
- Exclusive monsoon trekking experience
- Meals included – Breakfast & Snacks
- Guided trek
Day 1 - Assemble
- Assemble at 7 am near Panvel bus depot ,
- Local transport to base village Maldunge , in New Panvel.
- Trek starts from Maldunge village, around 2-3 hrs trek to the top
- Lunch and relax for the afternoon
- Descend back the same route
- Reach base village
- travel to Panvel
- Trip ends
|INCLUDED||Breakfast & Snacks||Trekking guide|
|Local travel upto Maldunge and back.|
|NOT INCLUDED||travel upto Panvel and back.||lunch|
|All beverages & mineral water||All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
All weekends of July 2022