One day trek to Karnala Fort
Karnala fort also called Funnel Hill is a hill fort in Raigad District about 10 km from Panvel, 65km from Mumbai city, situated along the Mumbai-Goa highway. Currently, it is a protected place lying within the Karnala Bird Sanctuary. The fort of Karnala is famous for its strange pinnacle and the bird sanctuary that is set up amidst the forest. Today, the ruins of the fort are a popular destination for hiking and tourism. This Fort is at a height of approx. 1500 ft. It is a great trek for beginners and for parents who want to introduce their children to trekking and Mother Nature.
Easy to Moderate level of trekking. An enthusiastic beginner trekker can do this trek.
Highlights of the trek
- Spot different types of Birds
- Explore the ruins of the Fort
- Enjoy the panoramic view from top of the hills and marvel the sights
- Meals included – Breakfast & Snacks
- Guided trek
COVID 19 GUIDELINES
Terms and conditions (Covid19 specific)
- NO MASK NO TREK
- The trekking site falls in the green zone category, so we recommend you avoid bookings if you
are unwell or have any coronavirus symptoms. As we will not permit entry and there will
be no refunds.
- The guests need to carry a water bottle and other Covid essential (Face
- Please understand these are public places and we do take all necessary precautions as per
guidelines, but we request your cooperation and mindfulness too.
- In case any of the participants has a medical excuse and needs to cancel we will refund
100% ,but if the group cancels or postpones then there will be cancellation charges
applicable .Instructions for all participants /guests On Campus
- It’s mandatory for all participants to bring their own water bottles ,Sanitizer,face mask and
- All participants should maintain distance at various common areas .
- Though we take utmost precautions our responsibility for safety lies towards the locals too.
- Our guests should please understand the new normal and cooperate with the change in policies, as directed by the govt and travel association.
Day 1 - Assemble
- Assemble at 8 am, Karnala Bird Sanctuary
- Travel to Karnala Fort by your own transport.
- Spot different birds and start the trek to the fort on top.
- Lunch and relax for the afternoon.
- Descend back the same route.
- Reach back down. trip ends
- Trip Ends.
|INCLUDED||Breakfast & Snacks||Trekking guide|
|NOT INCLUDED||travel upto Karnala and back.||lunch|
|camera charges||All beverages & mineral water|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section||Insurance|
10th & 11th