‘Kalsubai peak’ the Everest of Maharashtra
Kalsubai is a mountain in the Western Ghats, located in the Indian state of Maharashtra. Its summit situated at an elevation of 1646 metres (5400 feet) is the highest point in Maharashtra which earns it the much glorified title of the ‘Everest of Maharashtra’.
The mountain range
The mountain range lies within the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary. It is visited throughout the year by avid trekkers, Kalsubai temple devotees and wildlife enthusiasts alike.
The mountain range was formed by the same historical events that gave birth to the Western Ghats. Resting on the Deccan Plateau geologically identified as a large igneous province, it consists of solidified Flood basalt dating back to the Cenozoic era
According to the villagers living at the base of the mountain, a woman name Kalsu Bai was punished by villagers and forced to leave the village, and that the woman climbed the mountain and started living on it, and later died there, giving the mountain its name.
Easy to Moderate level of trekking. A enthusiastic beginner trekker can do this trek.
Out of Mumbai participants
- One can arrive a day before to Mumbai. We can make special arrangements to stay on request.
- One can also arrive latest by 8pm on Saturday. We would be starting from Mumbai at around 10pm on Saturday.
- Pick up and drop from Airport or Railway station can be arranged.
Highlights of the trek
- Easy to moderate difficulty level.
- Highest point in Maharashtra – 5400 ft approx.
- Breakfast & lunch provided.
- Transportation from Mumbai.
- Experienced english/hindi speaking trekking guide.
Day 1 - Assemble
- Assemble at 10pm, Sion circle outside Cinemax Multiplex.
- Leave by Pvt. non ac transport for Igatpuri.
Day 2 -Trekking
- Reach very early morning at the base village.
- Refresh and after breakfast start trekking.
- 3 to 4 hrs to reach the top.
- Have lunch, spend 30 mins on the top and start descending.
- Reach base village and leave for Mumbai.
- Reach Mumbai by evening , trip ends.
|INCLUDED||breakfast & lunch||Trekking guide|
|NOT INCLUDED||travel upto Mumbai and back.||Transport in non ac pvt. vehicle to trekking point|
|porterage||Emergency evacuation costs.|
|All beverages & mineral water||All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|