Everest the name itself gives us jitters, and then climbing to its base camp at 5,380m/17,646ft altitude is like a dream.
and dreams are for fulfilling …
The World’s reputation as a roof of the planet , ‘Mount Everest’, every adventure lovers would like to see by their own eyes in one’s whole life. Mount Everest Base Camp (EBC) Trek trail is universally recognized as a world’s “top 10 best place to visits list” (categorized by several travel guide books).
Everest Base Camp trek is one among the foremost famous treks within the world. The journey takes us closer to the world’s highest point. It takes place within the Khumbu region of Nepal, the land of Himalayas. this is often a gorgeous journey presenting authentic natural and cultural great thing about Khumbu. It’s a lifetime experience to enjoy the Everest massifs up close and an indescribable sight. The journey, from the start to the top is inspirational and breath-taking. The natural beauty together with the cultural essence is memorable.
World’s highest mountains which you can see from EBC
Close up view of the major four worlds’ tallest mountains above 8,000 meters altitudes;
Mt. Everest (8,848m/29,021ft), Mt. Lhotse (8,516m/27,932ft), Makalu (8,481m/27,818ft), Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201m/26,899ft) and embraces of several snowcapped mountains.
Pre-Trek planning stage
Officially regulated day to day itinerary of Everest Base Camp trek adventure package trip with Life Away From Life, begins after spending one-day within the capital city Kathmandu by making essential equipment arrangements, and issuing permits that needs for the trek. We start the journey trip with a half-hour picturesque flight to Tenzing–Hillary Airport at Lukla which is an entrance of Everest.
Life Away From Life vehemently introduce a 15 days Everest Base Camp trek including Kala Patthar to satisfy the eagerness of adventure seekers from everywhere the world.
LAFL treks & expeditions
Over last 23 years we have done numerous trekking & mountaineering expeditions all over India & the world.
Here are few of them :
– Mt. Kilimanjaro – Tanzania – 5895m ( 2 times)
– Mt Elburus – Russia- 5642m (1 time)
– Stok Kangri – Ladakh , India- 6153m ( 45 times)
– Kang Yatse 2 – Ladakh , India – 6250m (15 times)
– Mentok Kangri 1 & 2 – Ladakh India – 6270m / 6250m (12 times)
– Chamser Kangri – Ladakh India – 6622m ( 2 times)
– Chadar trek – Ladakh – ( for 8 years)
– Snow Leopard trek – Ladakh ( for 10 years)
– Mt Tirsuli – Uttarakhand – 7074m
– Nagarjun Peak – Nepal – 5070m
– Druk Path trek & Gangtey trek in Bhutan ( over 10 years)
– Everest Base Camp trek , Nepal ( 2 times)
– Goechala trek , Chaurikhang trek in Sikkim (over 10 years)
– Sandakhphu – Phalut trek , Darjeeling ( 25 times)
– Valley of Flowers, Kuari Pass, and various treks in Uttarakhand (over 10 years )
– Hamta Pass, Roopkund etc in Himachal ( over 10 years)
– Kumar Parvatha, Tadiyendamol and various other treks in Karnataka. ( over 8 years)
– Trekking to around 250 forts in Maharashtra ( over 20 years)
– Dudhsagar waterfall trek in Goa ( over 10 years)
– Lots more…
The EBC trek
The Everest Base Camp trek is an iconic and popular trekking route in the Himalayas of Nepal. It’s a fantastic adventure for beginner trekkers who are looking to experience the breathtaking beauty of the world’s highest mountain, Mount Everest, and its surrounding peaks.
Duration: The trek usually takes around 12-14 days, depending on the specific itinerary and acclimatisation needs.
Difficulty: The trek is considered moderately challenging. While you don’t need technical climbing skills, a good level of fitness and mental preparation is important due to the altitude and varying trail conditions.
Overall, the Everest Base Camp trek is a remarkable journey that offers a blend of natural beauty, cultural experiences, and personal accomplishment.
It’s a great choice for beginners seeking to challenge themselves and immerse in the grandeur of the Himalayas. Just remember to plan well, take your time, and enjoy every step of the adventure.
Why Travel with Life Away From Life?
- We have a great relationship with the locals of most of our operational bases around India, Nepal, Bhutan,Vietnam, Cambodia, Kenya & Tanzania. This ensures that we can provide high quality trips of exceptional value with no hidden extras.
- Our hands-on approach and years of experience has ensured a safety record second to none as we’ve pioneered some of the most unique itineraries in the adventure market place today.
- Pioneering trekking & mountaineering expeditions for more than two decades .
- This high altitude trek would be personally led by Mr. Prateek Deo – CEO LAFL, Trained Mountaineering graduate from Himalayan Mountaineering Institute -Darjeeling, Cyclist , Musician , Author . He has been leading trekking & mountaineering expeditions since year 2000 to amazing places around India and the world and helping individuals with absolutely no experience , achieve their dreams & goals.
- He has also been felicitated by former Prime minister Late Shri Atal Behari Vajpayee for his cycling adventures around India.
- LAFL, associates with highly professional and trained mountaineers who help achieve your goals.
- A detailed training schedule would be shared with you so that you complete the EBC trek in great style.
- We prioritise small groups and personalised attention throughout the trekking experience.
In addition, we create excellent adventures!
Prepare your self
To prepare physically for the Everest Base Camp trek in Nepal, consider the following points:
1. Cardiovascular Fitness: The trek involves long uphill and downhill walks at high altitudes. Engage in aerobic activities such as running, cycling, and swimming to improve your cardiovascular endurance.
2. Strength Training: Strengthen your leg muscles, particularly quadriceps and calves, as they will be heavily engaged during the trek. Incorporate squats, lunges, and calf raises into your routine.
3. Endurance Training: Gradually increase the duration and intensity of your hikes, simulating the conditions of the trek. This helps build endurance and stamina.
4. Altitude Training: If possible, spend time at higher altitudes to acclimatise your body to reduced oxygen levels. This can include shorter hikes at nearby higher elevations.
5. Core Stability: A strong core helps maintain balance and posture on uneven terrain. Include exercises like planks, Russian twists, and leg raises.
6. Flexibility and Stretching: Regular stretching helps prevent muscle soreness and maintains flexibility. Focus on hamstrings, quads, hip flexors, and calf muscles.
7. Pack Training: Train with a backpack similar to what you’ll carry during the trek. Gradually increase the weight to get used to the load.
8. Hiking Practice: Plan local hikes with varying terrain and elevation to simulate trekking conditions. This allows you to test your gear and assess your fitness level.
9. Hydration and Nutrition: Practice staying hydrated and consuming balanced meals. Trekking at high altitudes requires proper fuel for your body.
10. Mental Preparation: Mental resilience is crucial. Prepare for the challenges by practicing mindfulness, meditation, and stress management techniques.
11. Professional Guidance: We will provide a comprehensive training schedule and guide you through the preparation process for this trek. Our experts will ensure you’re well-prepared and confident for the journey ahead.
Remember, gradual and consistent training is key to reducing the risk of altitude sickness and ensuring an enjoyable trekking experience. Always prioritise safety and listen to your body during your training regimen
CEO Life Away From Life (lifeawayfromlife.com) Since 2000.
Mountaineer , Musician, Adventure Coach, Cyclist,Author
- Adventure Course in Mountaineering – HMI , Darjeeling – A Grade
- Basic Mountaineering Course – HMI , Darjeeling – A Grade – Gold medalist
- Advance Mountaineering Course – HMI, Darjeeling – A grade
Few of mountaineering achievements :
- Stok Kangri – 6123 m- Ladakh – 5 times summit ( led 45 times )
- Mt Kilimanjaro – 5895 m – Tanzania – 1 time summit
- Kang yatse 2 – 6250 m – Ladakh – 2 times summit ( led 20 times)
- Mentok Kangri – 6270m – Ladakh – 2 times summit ( led 15 times)
- Takpa Shiri trekking expedition in Arunachal Pradesh with Shri Harish Kapadia, Himalayan Club.
- Lead numerous expeditions & treks around India over 5000m + for the last 25 years.
Contact : 9869158351 , Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic route map of the trek with altitude : not to scale
Day 1-Arrival in Kathmandu (1,400m/4,592ft altitude) and transfer to Hotel.
Our representative will meet you at the airport as per your arrival schedule. Check-in hotel and take a rest .
Stay in hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 2-Acclimitisation & preparations day
Kathmandu sightseeing and trek preparation.
Stay in hotel in Kathmandu.
Day32- Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla (2,800m/9,184ft altitude) & trek to Phakding (2,650m/8692ft altitude)
Early in the morning drive to Domestic terminal of Tribhuwan airport and take a flight for about 30 minutes to Tenzing Hillary airport Lukla. Lukla is the beautiful valley which is surrounded by High Mountain and hills from all direction. Make sure the backpacks and all stuffs fully arranged to get started the trek towards Phakding. The easy and scenic trail follows soft descends to the bank of Dudh Koshi River, follow the river bank of the river before we reach at Ghat. After there we continuously walk gentle ascend to Phakding. We visit several Gompas, Monasteries and beautiful stone carving (written Buddhist scripts) all the way to Phakding.
Day 4-Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,283ft altitude)
Early breakfast at teahouse. Follow ascent trail through pine forest. We have to cross several suspension bridges over Dudh Koshi River, gradually walk via Benkar, Chumoa and Monjo to reach at check post of Sagarmatha (Everest) National Park where we have to record our National Park entry permit. With a walk of zigzag ascends and descends, mostly uphill takes us towards the capital of Sherpa people at Namche Bazaar. We can have a beautiful view of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Thamserku, Kusum Kanguru Peak and other.
Day 5- Rest day at Namche Bazaar for acclimatization and excursion around the places
We are already at above 3,000 meters from sea level at Namche Bazaar, it is a perfect way to acclimatize by resting and exploring around at Namche Bazaar before ascend towards more higher altitudes. As per health experts suggests keep moving and stay active to adopt with the weather, today we can make a walk towards Khumjung monastery (an important Buddhist monastery to explore) or ascend up to Syangboche viewpoint. Over there from Syangboche we can have excellent views of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kusum Kanguru and other snow-capped peaks. At the evening, we can explore around the Bazaar, can use ATMs, use internet cyber, cafes and restaurants to be close with locals as well as learn unique culture, tradition and lifestyles of Sherpa’s.
Day 6-Trek from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,867m/12,684ft altitude)
Early breakfast at the teahouse. Follow smooth trail with few ups and down with a super view of Himalayas throughout the trek, Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Lhotse, Mt. Ama Dablam and Thamserku are some of them. Along the trail we also can have chance to encounter with Musk Deer, Himalayan Thar and Multicolored Pheasants. The trail goes continuously towards Sansa via Kyangjiuma, which is the main junction point to split out the main trail of Everest Base Camp & Kala Patthar Trek and Gokyo Lake Trek. After there, we again follow pine forest, prayer flags and festooned bridge of Dudh Koshi to reach Punki Thengh which is a small village with small army post. Then we follow ascends trail through pine forest to reach Tengboche – is great valley for close view of Mt. Everest, Mt. Nuptse, Mt. Ama Dablam and Thamserku as well as biggest Buddhist monastery of Mt. Khumbu region known as ‘Tengboche Monastery’. Interested can attend the praying program at 03:00 pm over there
Day 7-Trek from Tengboche to Dingboche (4,358m/14,294ft )
Breakfast at teahouse. Follow ascend trail to cross small village. We gradually walk north to Pheriche or take east ward trail which both leads us to northern part of Mt. Ama Dablam. After some walk we reach at Imja village. Then we follow descend trail to the river and climb steepest trail of the day which leads to Dingboche. Along the trail, we can see cultivated land of barley, potato and buckwhet as well as local people made the largest stone walls to protect crops from cold wild and grazing animals. So then, at evening we explore the Sherpa village of Dingboche.
Day 8-Rest day at Dingboche
We are already at above 4,300 meters from sea level, and this is about the time to possible of altitude sickness it is a good idea to have a rest and acclimatization before heading up to Everest Base Camp & Kala Patthar. Next we explore around Imja River, tinny village of Chhukung and visit world’s highest billiard parlors. Also we can view Mt. Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Island Peak, Peak 38 and many other snow-capped peaks.
Day 9-Trek from Dingboche to Lobuche (4,928m/16,164ft
We begin with breakfast at teahouse then follow Khumber Khola valley to reach Dughla over there. Then again we follow Dusa and Phulong Karpo valley where we can see wonderful Chola Lake and Mt. Pumori. We cross Dughla where we see Khumbu Glacier. Along the trail we also can see memorials Chhortens of those Sherpa who lost their lives in Everest Expedition. Again we walk gradual ascend trail all the way to Lobuche.
Day 10-Trek from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5,160m/16,925ft altitude) & continue to Everest Base Camp (5,380m/17,646ft) then back to Gorakshep
Early morning breakfast at teahouse. Today’s trail leads to our core destination. We cross moraine of Khumbu glacier, pass through pyramid sign on the way from where you can observe Mt. Everest, Mt. Pumori, Mt. Mahalangur, Mt. Langtern, Mt. Khumbutse, and Mt. Nuptse. Then again we follow small trail to Thangma Riju form where we perceive 360 degree vista of Snowy Mountain. Then climb steeply trail to reach at Gorakshep where we find Show Mountains in all direction including Mt. Everest & Pumori. Gorakshep is our today’s stop for dinner and overnight. Take off our backpacks and heavy stuffs at tea house and start a journey towards Everest Base Camp. After having a great time at Everest Base Camp, we retrace our steeps back to Gorakshep for overnight stay.
Day 11-Morning hike to Kalapathar (5,545m/18,187ft ) and trek to Pheriche (4,243m/13,917ft)
We start trek at early in the morning at round 4:00 A.M. to Kalapathar for sunrise view over the Himalayas. We walk continuous ascend around 2 hours to reach Kala Pathar. When the first ray of sun strike the mountain it turns into Golden color which seems pretty amazing. Take picture of golden Mountain and soaring around Kala Pathar return back to Gorakshep for breakfast. Then we start gradual descend trail all the way to Pheriche.
Day 12-Trek back from Pheriche to Namchhe bazaar: 6_7 hours : 3450m
Breakfast at teahouse. Follow descend trail through riverside and crossing suspension bridge of Imja Khola to Pongboche village. After that you again follow the trail through pine forest to Tengboche.
Follow descend trail through rhododendron and fir forest. Cross suspension bridge of Dudh Koshi. Pass Tashinga and Sansa village. Follow steeply trail to Kyangjuma which lead you to Namche.
Day 13-Trek back from Nache bazaar to lukha - 6- 7 hours : 2810m.
Breakfast at teahouse. Last day of Everest Base Camp & Kala Patthar Trek follows descend trail to Phakding. We have to cross Suspension Bridge of Dudh Koshi, pass through pin and rhododendron forest with different prayer flags and stone rocks on the way back to Lukla.
Day 14-Lukla to Kathmandu by flight . Stay in Kathmandu for night.
Early morning breakfast at lodge. Walk to Lukla airport for schedule flight Highlanders. Trekking and Climbings’ airport arrival and departure representative will meet you at the Kathmandu airport. Drive to hotel.
Day 15-Catch flight back to destination.
Our airport arrival and departure representative will drop you at Tribhuvan International Airport on your scheduled flight.
|3 nights stay in Kathmandu with Bed & Breakfast||International Fly Ticket|
|Both ways flight tickets to Lukla||Personal/Medical Insurance|
|Registered Guide||Personal Bill|
|International & Domestic Airport pickups – arrival and departure & any land transfers.||During City Area Lunch/Dinner|
|Trekking Permits||All beverages|
|Porter to carry luggage ( 2 guests 1 porter ratio – max weight 20kg)||Personal Bill/Trekking Equipment|
|Guide & porter insurance||Guide and Porter Tips|
|Home Stay while trekking ( with meals)||During the trek wifi and Battery charging|
|Govt Tax and VAT||Nepal VISA|
|Sleeping bag, Down jackets, Trekking Pole & Waterproof duffel bag [ To be returned back to office after trek]||Rescue & evacuation charges|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.
Before 30+ days of departure – 50 % of tour costs returned;
Before 8 days of departure 25% of the tour costs returned,
Before 7-0 days no refund.
for 2023 :
25th Oct 2023
20th Nov 2023
for 2024 :
for cost contact on : what’s app : +91 7718058351