Matheran Trek via Dodhani Camping trek.
This trek starts from a quaint village near New Panvel near Mumbai and reaches on the top at Sunset point in Matheran , in Maharashtra.
Matheran, which means “forest on the forehead” (of the mountains) is an eco-sensitive region, declared by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. It is Asia’s only automobile-free hill station
Matheran is a hill station, near Mumbai, in the west Indian state of Maharashtra. It’s known for its mild climate and well-preserved colonial architecture. Motor vehicles are banned and many visitors arrive by narrow-gauge railway on the 1907 Neral–Matheran Toy Train. The Panorama Point lookout offers views across the mountains of the Western Ghats. Louisa Point has views of waterfalls and the ancient Prabal Fort.
Easy to Moderate level of trekking. A enthusiastic beginner trekker can do this trek.
Highlights of the trek
- Easy to moderate difficulty level.
- Asia’s only automobile-free hill station
- Meals included – lunch , Dinner , Breakfast
- Guided trek
- Stay in tents
Day 1 - Trek & Camp
- Assemble at 7:00 am , Panvel Bus Depot
- Travel to Dodhani village in local transport.
- Trek starts from Dodhani village, around 2 hrs trek to the top at Sunset Point in Matheran.
- Lunch and relax for the afternoon.
- Evening walk around marker
- Camp for the night in tents
Day 2 - Trek back
- Morning breakfast
- Prepare for descending
- Trek back by different route
- Local transport to Panvel
- Trip ends
|INCLUDED||lunch , Dinner & breakfast||Trekking guide|
|travel upto Dodhani and back.||Stay in tents|
|NOT INCLUDED||travel upto Panvel and back.||Insurance|
|porterage||All beverages & mineral water|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
17 & 18 December 2022