Children’s Adventure Camp : Wilderness Survival
Summer Special : Maharashtra
March / April / May 2024
Want to teach your child about outdoor living and wilderness survival skills?
Children’s Adventure Camp, is back with a fresh exotic location and a bunch of all new adventure activities.
This 3-day adventure camp is a – Wilderness Survival Special – filled with thrilling adventure activities, immersive adventure workshops and plenty of adventure games, in the beautiful outskirts of Mumbai, amidst the Sahyadri range of mountains.
Value of Wilderness Survival Skills…
Life Away From Life (LAFL) encourages children of all ages to get in touch with their natural surroundings! With activities that foster a love of the outdoors and environmental sciences that can be initiated indoors and out.
Society often overlooks the value of wilderness training and survival skills. We live among urban sprawls and in suburban epicentres – but there is still plenty of raw, untamed natural world left to explore. Knowing a few basics of wilderness prep and survival is a good idea no matter where you live or what activities you participate in. And there’s no better time to acquire these skills than when you are young.
Engaging and fun …
By teaching children the basics, we are instilling life-long knowledge that could one day save their lives or the lives of others. Some of the most important “survival” techniques would be introduced to kids and presented in such a way that it’s not intimidating, but rather engaging and fun.
“At LAFL, we believe that grasping important skills through activities, crafts, books, and projects don’t just provide central learning, but offer appreciation and enjoyment for the subjects being explored. Getting children interested in the outdoors and survival skills has been one of the major goals of my career and there is a lot of evidence that outdoor activities are enormously beneficial to the young.” – Prateek Deo , CEO LAFL
Wilderness Survival objective
The objective of this children’s adventure camp is to connect children with nature in a fun sharing environment. This is a nature awareness Adventure Camp for kids that will cover the basic Wilderness survival skills. It will be structured for fun learning, with plenty of games, and creativity.
Our brief list of some of the activities your child will engage in:
- Ancestral Technologies such as:
- Learn wilderness safety and knowledge of
- Learn how to make a fire from sticks and friction and 1 match fires
- Create your own survival camp fire making kit
- Craft a bag for your wilderness kit
- Learn how to cook over the survival style cooking fire
- Learn wilderness safety and knowledge of
- Experiential wilderness awareness games
- Hill exploration and discovery
- Experience unique nature immersion and survival skills through play, discovery, investigation and exploration.
What we do:
In a time of earth’s fragile ecology, LAFL, help children connect with wonder and amazement to the natural world, growing their innate curiosity and passion for the earth and its flora and fauna. We do this through mentoring, guided creative exploration and hands-on discovery.
Our caring staff uses ancestral teachings and primitive technologies to build upon children’s reverence and to create lifelong stewards of the natural world
Why is this important?
We believe it is through having magical experiential nature mentors that students will be inspired to have both hope and solutions in an era of climate change and global environmental uncertainty. We believe students, who are taught to fall in love with science through child-led nature mentoring, will be the ones who will be the pioneers of zero-impact, cradle to cradle manufacturing, and create bio mimicry designs to complex human challenges for a healthy planet. They will be the ones who inspire their own families and people in their communities, for seven generations and beyond.
Who can participate?
Participants include ALL children between age group of 7 to 14 yrs
How We Teach:
We focus on child-directed experiential learning, acute observation and inquiry, whereby students are “learning by doing”.
- Small groups
- Hands-on projects
- Guided exploration and Inquiry based learning
- Experienced educators & naturalists & artists
- Stories and games
- Student centered activities
- Acute observation and inquiry skills
Highlights of the Children’s Adventure Camp : Wilderness Survival
The 3 days 2 night LAFL Children’s Adventure Camp – Summer Special program includes
- Trained and experienced coordinators to handle the group.
- Female coordinators for girls
- This camp has a limit of 30 children only , so be sure to register early.
- A private transport would be arranged from Mumbai to take the children to the camp site and back.
- Healthy vegetarian meals will be provided and no junk food allowed.
- Mobile phone and electronic gadgets are not allowed.
- Daily Instagram live broadcast of events and daily life of their child in the camp , for parents would be done.
- Separate toilets & bathrooms for girls & boys ( children would be assisted by female & male coordinators from LAFL).
- Completion certificates would be awarded to all children.
- Camp leader : Mr Prateek Deo – Mountaineering Graduate from HMI Darjeeling , and over 20 years experience in conducting Adventure Camps for children.
- High Standard , Tested , mountaineering equipments would be used for all activities.
- All activities mentioned , would be under the guidance of Mr Prateek Deo, and assisted by his qualified team of coordinators.
- During all activities female students would have a female coordinator to help them with.
- We would maintain strict discipline in regards to hygiene, behaviour & punctuality.
LAFL foundation program :
The CHILDREN’S ADVENTURE CAMP is our foundation program,designed for both new and returning campers. Get back to your roots and learn the philosophy of living close to nature, wilderness survival, and nurture your connection to the earth. We will explore the surrounding forests, swim in mountain streams, as we discover more about the magical world of nature through building natural shelters, making fires, and preparing food.
Campers gain self-esteem, work cooperatively and make new friends, as they gain confidence in both living and feeling at home in the natural world. This is a camp where campers are truly looked after and cared about. It is a safe place where kids can try new things and discover more about who they are. Additionally , evenings are spent circled around the campfire telling stories, star gazing, laughing a lot.
This program can also includes the following activities :
Adventure based :
Trekking, Zip line , Rock climbing ( artifical & natural both), commando bridge crossing, Kayaking, Swimming in natural river, and lots more .
Adventure Workshops :
Ropes Knots , Self cooking, tent pitching, campfire making etc, trekking workshop, mountaineering skills,
Adventure games: Nature hunt , Nature walks, Sky watching and more.
Physical and Mental workshops : Yoga, Stretching exercises , nature trails and lots more
Other workshops : skits , clay modelling, outdoor nature drawing , the Insects Show etc
*all activities are based on the relative time taken to do the same and can change acordingly.
Camp locations : Maharashtra
- Kamshet Campsite – (preferably new campers)
Around 120 kms from Mumbai & Pune
- Wada – ( preferably repeat campers)
Around 100 kms from Mumbai*The travel time by road is depending on the route and traffic conditions.
About the Campsite :
Our campsite is perched amidst these undulating hills adorned with lush green forests, surrounded by a natural waterbody, The scenic beauty of this location is simply breathtaking, offering a mesmerising experience for the children.
Moreover, our campsite is well equipped with up-to-date staying facilities, good quality food freshly cooked at the premises, hygienic drinking water facilities and bunch of efficient support staff.
Safety First :
Moreover, we prioritise the safety and well-being of our young ones. For added assurance, we have a dedicated medical facility with trained personnel and first aid provisions readily available on-site.
Additionally, in the unlikely event of an emergency, we have an onsite vehicle standing by, ready to swiftly transport children to the nearest medical assistance if needed. Furthermore, our efficient support staff is always at hand to assist with any needs or concerns, making your stay at our campsite not only enjoyable but also secure and worry-free.
For any queries, you can talk to our LAFL expert on 7718058351 (also what’s app)
Brief information about Life Away From Life & Prateek Deo
Life Away From Life (LAFL) Adventure Camps, helps children connect with wonder and amazement to the natural world, growing their innate curiosity and passion for the earth and its flora and fauna.
Prateek Deo – CEO LAFL, Mountaineer ( Post graduate from Himalayan Mountaineering Institute Darjeeling), Author & Musician.
– He has spent over 20 yrs conducting adventure based children programs and trips
– Done over 500+ camps for children of all ages , around Mumbai and India.
LAFL on :
Google reviews of LAFL Camps : https://g.co/kgs/cetHns
Linkedin : www.linkedin.com/in/lifeawayfromlife
Facebook: Life Away From Life
Website : https://www.lifeawayfromlife.com
For any queries, you can talk to our LAFL expert on
7718058351 (also what’s app) or ask for a Information Doc.
Day 1-Camp registration
- Report at Sion circle 6:45 am
- Travel by bus to camp site
- Tent allocation
- Workshops & Adventure activities
- Hi-Tea in the evening
- Activities & games
- Movie time ( Adventure based children movies)
Day 2 -Adventure activities
- wake up & morning rituals
- Early Morning nature walk & warm up exercises
- workshops & Adventure Activities
- adventure activities
- Hi tea & snacks
- Adventure based games
- Campfire & games
Day 3 -Certification
- Wake up call- morning rituals
- Small trek
- Certificate distribution
- Check out of camp site
- Travel by bus to Sion Circle.
- Stop midway for lunch
- Drop at Sion circle
|Accommodation in tents / dormitories
|All veg meals
|Transportation in non-ac bus
|All activities equipment
|Instructors and coordinators (male & female)
|LAFL Service Charges
|personal clothing and toiletries
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.
March 2024 dates :
16th , 19th, 22rd, 26th, 29th
April 2024 dates :
5th , 9th , 12th , 16th , 19th , 23rd , 26th, 30th
May 2024 dates :
3rd , 7th , 10th , 14th , 17th , 21st , 24th, 28th