Chadar trek beckons !!
Chadar trek a thrilling and adventurous trek in India. In the local language “chadar” means layer- indicating the layer of ice that covers the river . The chadar trek is basically performed on a frozen river called the “Zanskar River”, during the summer this river doesn’t disappoint its enthusiastic tourist as it becomes a perfect location for river rafting expedition and during the winters it transforms into an ice sheet where the famous Chadar trek is performed
The Chadar trek route has been used from Centuries as a trade link by Zanskaris. On the way you will also get a chance to stay with the local Zanskaris and visit some of the ancient monasteries behind the Ice walls, wedged between the mighty Karakoram & the Great Himalayan range.
Life Away from Life , a mountaineering knowledge based company has one of the best crews to handle difficult situations during the trek. We get the best local information regarding the Chadar condition and thereby plan the right itinerary for our clients. Our guides are from Lingshed and other local areas of the Zanskar valley.
The most important feature for the Chadar trek to be successful and enjoyable is the use of good equipment’s.
Highlights of the trip:
- Best Time: Mid January to Mid February.
- Duration: 5 days.
- Focus Ice trek, Ladakh’s winter life, culture, monks and monasteries.
- Physical Challenge: Some long trekking days & Harsh Cold, Tough Expeditions.
- Highest Point: Leh 3,505 Mts. & Padum 3,610 Mts.
- Climate: Usually sunny days but dry chilly winds, temperature can drop up to minus 25 Centigrade (- 25ºC).
- Group Size: 6 to 10 people.
- Good quality High altitude sleeping bags are provided.
- Two sharing tents give spacious comfort in adverse conditions.
- Highly qualified LAFL coordinators accompany the team.
- Hig nutrition meals are provided.
Day 1 - Reach Leh by Flight and rest for the day
Day 2 - Leh to Chiling drive & Trek to Tilat sumdo - rest and acclimatize for the day
Day 3 - Tilat Sumdo to Shingrak yogma trek
Day 4 - Shingrak yogma to Tilat Sumdo trek drive back to Leh
Day 5 - Departure
|Included||Accommodation in non-ac room (Twin Sharing)||Airport Transfers|
|Activity Point Transfers||Camping Gear|
|Cooking Staff||Luggage Porterage on trek|
|Sleeping Bags||Accommodation in tents|
|Campsite Fees||Trekking Point Transfers|
|All meals while trekking||LAFL Service Charge|
|Not Included||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||All Insurance|
|Camera Fees||Internet Usage|
|Flight Tickets||Emergency Transport Costs|
|Permits||Personal Trekking Gear|
|Personal Expenses||All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.