The Valley of flowers trek.
The valley of flowers backpacking trek is LAFL’s most preferred trips in the Uttarakhand region of the Himalayas.
The Valley of Flowers National Park, located at an altitude of 3800 meters in the West Himalayan area of Uttarakhand. It is a photographers’ paradise with its meadows of endemic alpine flowers and a variety of flora and fauna. Part of the famous Nanda Devi Hemisphere, the Valley of Flowers is a World Heritage site. It is a unique amalgamation of herbal and scenic secrets of the valley. Its full of rare and endangered animals, pheasant and high altitude birds, and many more surprises.
This trek starts from Govind ghat and is around 13kms to reach the base village of Ghangaria (3500mtrs). Its a gradual ascend to Ghangaria. From there its around 8 kms trek into the Valley of Flowers. There is a route from Ghangaria which goes to Hemkund Sahib, a religious place for the Sikhs.
There whole route from Govind Ghat to Ghangaria is full of pilgrims and lots of eateries.
This place has floral pastures, running streams and beautiful backdrop of the mountains. What say !!!
- Private transportation from Haridwar.
- Botanical guide for the valley.
- Information document provided before the trek regarding the flora of the valley.
- LAFL coordinator support. ( mountain trained)
- All meals ( vegetarian since its a religious place)
- Assistance to travel upto Hardiwar & back is provided by LAFL.
- Booking for air or train travel tickets can be done through LAFL Assist.
- Certificates on completion of the trek.
- Hassle free excursion : All permits & entrance fees is arranged by LAFL Assist.
- Camera permits can be purchased on the spot as required.
- LAFL approved hotels : on twin or single sharing is provided.
- Safety assistance is the key factor to LAFL trips.
- Interesting visits in Hardiwar & Rishikesh.
- Hemkund Sahib visit included in the itinerary.
Day 1 - Report at Haridwar
Day 2 - Haridwar to Govindghat (Approx 8 hours)
Day 3 - Govindghat to Ghangaria (13kms Trek)
Day 4 - The D-Day – Ghangaria to Valley of Flowers (6kms Trek)
Day 5 - Ghangaria to Hemkund Sahib Trek (6 kms Trek)
Day 6- Ghangaria to Govind ghat Trek (13kms Trek)
Day 7 - Govind ghat to Haridwar
Fixed Departure Dates:
- 23rd July 2017
- 29th July 2017
- 13th August 2017 – trek with Mr. Prateek Deo
*Minimum 6 pax are required for this trip to happen.
* We take smaller groups for better communication amongst the group and for better experience.
|INCLUDED||Accommodation in hotels on double sharing & Single sharing) with all meals.||Sanctuary and park entrance fees|
|LAFL service charges||LAFL coordinator|
|Pvt. vehicle journey from Haridwar to Govindghat and back.||All meals while trekking.( veg)|
|NOT INCLUDED||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||All insurance|
|Camera fees and tips||Sightseeing out of itinerary|
|Emergency transport cost||Personal expenses|
|Personal medical kit||Personal trekking gear|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section||Excursions not detailed above|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.