The Rann of Kutch motorcycling trip
The Great Rann of Kutch is a salt marsh in the Thar Desert in the Kutch District of Gujarat, India. It is about 7500 km2 (2900 sq miles) in area and is reputed to be one of the largest salt deserts in the world. This area has been inhabited by the Kutchi people.
The Great Rann of Kutch, along with the Little Rann of Kutch and the Banni grasslands on its southern edge, is situated in the district of Kutch and comprises some 30,000 square kilometres (10,000 sq mi) between the Gulf of Kutch and the mouth of the Indus River in southern Pakistan. The marsh can be accessed from the village of Kharaghoda in Surendranagar District. The Great Rann of Kutch together with the Little Rann of Kutch is called Rann of Kutch.
HIGHLIGHTS OF the Rann of Kutch Motorcycle trip
- Learn about the customs, culture and traditions of the community.
- Night Walk, Star gazing and Campfire .
- Peaceful rides through empty village roads.
- Stay in traditional Kutchi Bungas.
- Have local Kutchi cuisine- Kathiyawadi.
- Watch the sunset & sunrise at the Rann.
- visit the Rann of Kutch festival
- Visit to a Harappan metropolis at Dholavira
- Visit to a fossil site
- Visit villages which are famous for handicraft work.
- lots more
The Motorcycle ride :
- Route : Bhuj – Hodka – Dhordo – Dholavira – Bhuj
- Halts at Bhuj – Hodka – Dholavira
- Motorcycle on rent can be arranged by us at an extra cost.
Day 1 - Arrive in Bhuj
Day 2 Bhuj to Hodko
Day 3 - Hodko to Dholavira
Day 4 -Dholavira to Bhuj
Fixed Departure Dates 2020:
9th to 12th Jan 2020 : full moon
16th to 19th Jan
23rd to 26th Jan
30th Jan to 2nd Feb
|INCLUDED||Accommodation on twin sharing basis||village visits|
|All veg meals||single day entrance fees to White rann at Dhordo|
|LAFL Service Charges|
|NOT INCLUDED||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||Motorcycle and Fuel|
|Camera fees||Personal Motorcycle gear and spares|
|All insurance||Personal medical requirements|
|Phone and internet usage||Personal expenses|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.