One day trek to Peb Fort (Vikatgad)
The Peb fort is named after the Goddess Pebi at the base of the fort and Vikatgad fort due to a shape of the mountain like Elephant Headed ‘Ganesha’. There are Caves having various meditation chambers carved out from the rock inside the mountain. Disciples of Shree Swami Samartha take care of these caves. The fort is completely in ruins. Today, it only has one Bastion towards the Panorama point of Matheran. Peb fort is very special because of its meditation chambers, which are well maintained with tiles to sit on. The fort also has a temple dedicated to Swami Samartha on the top and has the footwear or ‘Padukas’ worn by the great saint kept on the top. The historical reference indicates that Shivaji Maharaj used the caves of the for storing grains.
Easy to Moderate level of trekking. An enthusiastic beginner trekker can do this trek.
Out of Mumbai participants
- One can arrive a day before to Mumbai. We can make special arrangements to stay on request.
- Pick up and drop from Airport or Railway station can be arranged.
Highlights of the trek
- Meditation cave chambers
- Historical insight of the fort
- Exclusive monsoon trekking experience
- Meals included – Breakfast & Snacks
- Guided trek
Day 1 - Assemble
- Assemble between 7:00am to 8 am, Panvel railway station ticket counter.
- Travel to Maldunge village in local transport
- Trek starts from Maldunge village, around 2-3 hrs trek to the top
- Lunch and relax for the afternoon
- Descend back the same route
- Reach base village and catch local transport for Panvel Rly station
- Trip ends
|INCLUDED||Breakfast & Snacks||Trekking guide|
|NOT INCLUDED||travel upto Panvel and back.||lunch|
|All beverages & mineral water||All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|