ONE-DAY CAMPING WORKSHOP
Join us for a fun filled weekend designed to help you or your family discover the joys of camping.
- Have you wanted to try camping but don’t know how to get started? Join LAFL One-day Camping Workshop to learn what you need to take your first (or second or third) camping trip.
- We will cover the basics including: how to be warm, dry and comfortable during camping, gear and equipment necessities, and ideas for fun activities; and great local areas to give it a try.
- Camping is a fun and affordable way to take a vacation – let LAFL help you get outdoors! No experience necessary!
- For those of you who want to camp but don’t feel quite confident enough to go out on your own, this class will put you at ease in the outdoors for a camping adventure.
- With supervised guidance, you will easily learn how to use the equipment needed for basic camping, safe fire starting skills and cooking.
- We’ll make sure you not only learn outdoor skills but also have fun!!
- Learn from experienced mountaineer teachers and clear your doubts on camping.
- Why LAFL?
Life Away From Lifeis one of India’s leading adventure travel companies, offering groundbreaking itineraries on every adventure. The company has been conducting small & large group camping trips, and vacations since 2000, and is widely recognized for ground breaking Responsible Tourism initiatives.
Workshop topics to be covered
- Outdoor manners “Rules of the Trail”
- Proper dress for outdoor activities
- Basic knots
- First Aid skills
- Fire safety, construction, use, and extinguishing
- Outdoor cooking skills
- Nature conservationAdditional Topics include:
- Tents, how & where to set up various styles
- Equipment use & maintenance (stoves, lanterns, etc.)
- Animal proofing your camp
- Hazards to be aware of
- Campfire making
Campsite around 127 kms driving distance from Mumbai.
Things to get
- Bring your own lunch and refillable water bottles.
- Dress for the weather.
- Bandana or cap
- Camp chairs if required
- Insect repellent
- LAFL standard Lunch box: Rs 250 /box
- Items in the box: Brown Bread (2 pieces), slice cheese, 1 fruit, 1 energy bar, 1 fruit drink,
NOTE: All classes have a minimum number of registrants to make or sorry to say it will be cancelled. So bring your friends and tell everyone you know.
- SPECIAL NOTE :
- If your group has an interest we can schedule a date for you.
- This workshop can be organised in any place around India.
- Individual car camping sites for each family.
- Potable water at or near each campsite.
- Mobile network areas.
- The basic camping equipment needed for the workshop will be provided.
- Report at campsite by 9:30 am
- Workshop introduction
- Evening tea
- Departure : 3:00 pm
6th, 7th, 13th , 14th , 20th , 21st , 27th , 28th
|INCLUDED||Camping equipments required for instruction||Potable water|
|Evening refreshments||Workshop instructors|
|Completion certificates||Refreshing rooms|
|NOT INCLUDED||All meals ( Lunch box Rs. 250 )||
|Personal expenses of any kind||All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|