The Meghalaya Jeep Safari:
Meghalaya is one of the Seven Sister States of northeast India, filled with mountainous terrains, stretches of valley and highland plateaus, and is geologically rich. The word Meghalaya means the “the adobe of clouds” in Sanskrit, and the various patterns and colours of clouds throughout the day is a mesmerising sight.
Why the Jeep Safari?
We all have our excitements and anxieties to explore new places, discover new routes, experience the varied cultures, traditions, cuisines specific to a place and meet people from across the country. Our Jeep Safari trips take you to the heart of these unexplored places and give you an opportunity to experience the kind of ‘life’ people live there through our unique homestay, local visit and many such exciting activities, giving you a Life Away From Life in a true sense.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS TRIP :
- Explore the thickest surviving forests in the country
- Experience “Meghalaya” – literally means the Abode of Clouds in Sanskrit
- Have the juiciest pineapples right from the fields, during the journey.
- Visit the cleanest village in Asia . Mawlynnong was awarded the prestigious tag of ‘Cleanest Village in Asia’ in 2003 by Discover India Magazine.
- An exciting boat ride in the Umngot river near Dawki. It’s water is so clear that boats look like they’re floating in air.
- Experience seeing the Living root bridges. Living root bridges are a form of tree shaping common in the southern part of the Northeast Indian state of Meghalaya. They are handmade from the aerial roots of Rubber Trees by the Khasi and Jaintia peoples of the mountainous terrain along the southern part of the Shillong Plateau.
- Meghalaya, along with neighbouring Indian states, have been of archeological interest. People have lived here since neolithic era.
- Meghalaya’s forests host 660 species of birds, many of which are endemic to Himalayan foothills, Tibet and southeast Asia.
Day 1 - Guwahati-Shillong ( 4 hrs approx. without traffic jam)
Day 2 - Shillong to Cherrapunji ( 2 hrs)
Day 3 - Cherrapunjee to Mawlynnong ( 3 hrs.)
Day 4 - Mawlynnong to Dawki to Shillong
Day 5- Shillong to Guwahati
Fixed Departure Dates:
- 30th Sept 2017
- 7th Oct 2017
- 21st October 2017
- 11th November 2017
- 25th November 2017
- 1st December 2017
- 28th December 2017
- 29th December 2017
|INCLUDED||Accommodation in non-ac rooms (Twin / Triple sharing)||Airport transfers|
|Breakfast Only||Activity point transfers|
|Permits and Road taxes||Transportation in non-ac vehicles|
|LAFL coordinator||Inner Line permits|
|LAFL Service Charges||Sanctuary and road fees|
|NOT INCLUDED||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||Transport till Guwahati|
|Camera fees||All meals except breakfast|
|All insurance||All tips|
|Phone and internet usage||Personal expenses|
|Personal medical requirements||All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
|Sanctuary and Park Entrance Fees|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.