Little desert of Kutch is a salt marsh located near the Great Rann of Kutch in Kutch district, Gujarat, India.
The Little Rann is also home to various unique mammals apart from wild ass such as the Indian wolf , desert fox and nilgai .
Though a bleak landscape it is rich in biodiversity. It is an ecologically important area for wildlife. Many local and migratory waterbirds like cranes, ducks, pelicans, flamingos and land birds like sandgrouse, francolins and the Indian bustards.
HIGHLIGHTS OF Little Rann of Kutch trip.
– Learn about the customs, culture and traditions of the community.
– Desert Safari in Forest escorted by the experts. Get a chance to explore Wild Ass (the only habitat in Asia), Desert fox, Interesting Birds, etc. It is equally exciting to see the sun set in Rann.
– Night Walk, Star gazing and Campfire . Unite with friends and family.
– Eco Friendly Forest Safari escorted by the locals. This will be a walking safari assisted by locals. They will share their knowledge about the forest.
– Visit to the Salt Pans.Meet Salt Pan Workers – Agariyas. Interact with them and learn why they are in this profession. Listen to challenges they face, their daily chores, etc .Involve into the sweat braking activity of ploughing salt.
– Volunteer at Village School to educate children of Agariyas.
– Learn local embroidery creatively made by hand stitching glass and beeds on the cloth from local woman.
– Have local Kutchi cuisine- Kathiyawadi.
– watch the sunset at the Rann.
It is nominated by the forest department to be a biosphere reserve which are areas of terrestrial and coastal ecosystems internationally recognized within the framework of UNESCO’s Man and Biosphere (MAB) programme. it will focus on conserving biological diversity, research, monitoring and providing sustainable development models, the proposal has been sent to and listed at UNESCO
Day 1 - Arrival and Check In to the Camp Site - Desert Safari
- Arrival at Lunch at Camp.
- Depart for the Desert Safari in Forest escorted by the experts. Get a chance to explore Wild Ass (the only habitat in Asia), Desert fox, Interesting Birds, etc. It is equally exciting to see the sun set in Rann.
- Dinner at Campsite
- Night Walk, and Campfire.
Day 2 - Eco Friendly Forest Safari - Vist Salt Pans
- Depart for the Morning Eco Friendly Forest Safari escorted by the locals. This will be a walking safari assisted by locals who will share their knowledge about the forest.
- Learn salt making from Salt Pan workers. Work with them to have and experience of salt harvesting. Your service in any form of donation (used clothes, books, etc) will contribute in improving their livelihood.
- Learn local embroidery creatively made by hand stitching glass and beeds on the cloth from local woman. Recommend them on the actions that can be taken to promote their handicraft.
- Dinner at campsite
- Campfire: .
Day 3 - Visit Local handicraft making locals- Departure
- Breakfast at Camp
- Depart for Modhera Sun Temple.
- Depart for Rani Ki Vav at Patan
Visit Rani Ki Vav.
- Explore the most elegant and expensive Patola Saree made by the only family of
- Lunch at Patan
- Drop back to Viramgam railway station.
Fixed Departure Dates
- 18th Oct 2017
- 20th Oct 2017
- 21st Oct 2017
- 4,11,18,25th Nov 2017
- 1,23rd Dec 2017
|INCLUDED||Accommodation on Twn sharing basis in Ethnic Cottages||railway station transfers|
|2 Jeep Safaris||Activity point transfers|
|All veg meals||LAFL Service Charges|
|Monument Entry Charges|
|NOT INCLUDED||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||Travel upto Viramgam station and back.|
|Camera fees||All meals|
|All insurance||Personal medical requirements|
|Phone and internet usage||Personal expenses|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.