Little desert of Kutch is a salt marsh located near the Great Rann of Kutch in Kutch district, Gujarat, India.
The Little Rann is also home to various unique mammals apart from wild ass such as the Indian wolf , desert fox and nilgai .
Though a bleak landscape it is rich in biodiversity. It is an ecologically important area for wildlife. Many local and migratory waterbirds like cranes, ducks, pelicans, flamingos and land birds like sandgrouse, francolins and the Indian bustards.
HIGHLIGHTS OF Little Rann of Kutch Motorcycle trip
– Learn about the customs, culture and traditions of the community.
– Desert Safari in Forest escorted by the experts. Get a chance to explore Wild Ass (the only habitat in Asia), Desert fox, Interesting Birds, etc. It is equally exciting to see the sun set in Rann.
– Night Walk, Star gazing and Campfire . Unite with friends and family.
– Eco Friendly Forest Safari escorted by the locals. This will be a walking safari assisted by locals. They will share their knowledge about the forest.
– Visit to the Salt Pans.Meet salt pan workers – Agariyas. Interact with them and learn why they are in this profession. Listen to challenges they face, their daily chores, etc .Involve into the sweat braking activity of ploughing salt.
– Volunteer at village school to educate children of Agariyas.
– Learn local embroidery creatively made by hand stitching glass and beeds on the cloth from local woman.
– Have local Kutchi cuisine- Kathiyawadi.
– watch the sunset at the Rann.
It is nominated by the forest department to be a biosphere reserve which are areas of terrestrial and coastal ecosystems internationally recognized within the framework of UNESCO’s Man and Biosphere (MAB) programme. it will focus on conserving biological diversity, research, monitoring and providing sustainable development models, the proposal has been sent to and listed at UNESCO
The Motorcycle ride :
- Route : Mumbai – Vadodara – Ahmedabad – Dasada ( LRK) return by the same route.
- Halts at Vadodara & Dasada.
- Motorcycle on rent can be arranged by us at an extra cost.
Day 1 - Mumbai to Ahmedabad ride - 531 kms
Day 2 - Ahmedabad to Dasada - 100 kms approx. 2.5 hrs. Arrival and Check In to the Camp Site - Desert Safari
Day 3 - Eco Friendly Forest Safari - Visit Salt Pans
Day 4 - Dasada to Mumbai - 630 kms - 10 .5 hrs
Fixed Departure Dates:
2018 fixed departures
Nov 8, 22, 29
|INCLUDED||Accommodation in non-ac rooms (Twin sharing)||Jeep Safaris|
|All veg meals at LRK||Wildlife permits|
|LAFL Service Charges|
|NOT INCLUDED||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||Motorcycle and Fuel|
|Camera fees||Personal Motorcycle gear and spares|
|All insurance||Personal medical requirements|
|Phone and internet usage||Personal expenses|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.