The trek to Goechala starts in Yuksom, where the motorable road ends at an altitude of 1770 meters. It takes approximately seven and a half days to reach Goecha la and return to Yuksom. Key halting points are Sachen, Bakkhim, Tshoka, Phedang, Dzongri, Kokchurong,Thansing and Lamuney. The initial days of the trek proceeds through dense forest cover, enters bugyals, and ends in rocky terrain. The trek is highlighted by the presence of rhododendrons of various colours during the month of may.
Highlights of the Goechala trek:
- Certified, very experienced & Govt recognised ground staff.
- Good quality & different variety of food is served during the whole trek.
- Ample back up stuff. No shortage of food to any member during the trek.
- Controlled group size : max 15 per group to give good logistics to each and every member.
- Good, comfortable & hygenic staying facilities at Yuksam. No dormitories.
- LAFL organises treks with the guidance of certified mountaineers who have been to this area many times.
- Great value added services and discounts
NOTE : Arrangements to reach Yuksam will be made by us is included in the cost.
Day 1 -NJP/Bagdogra to Yuksom (5,600 ft)
Day 2 - Yuksom (5,600 ft) to Sachen (7,150 ft)
Day 3 - Sachen (7,150 ft) to Tshokha (9,700 ft) via Bhakim (8,600 ft)
Day 4 - Tshokha (9,700 ft) to Dzongri (12,980 ft) via Phedang (12,000 ft)
Day 5 - Dzongri (12,980 ft)
Day 6 - Dzongri - Thangsing trek- (13,000 ft)- 8kms
Day 7- Thansing to Samiti lake -Lamuyune trek - (14,000 ft)- 8kms
Day 8- Samiti lake -Lamuyune to Goechala pass(15,300 ft) back to Thangsing - (13,000 ft) - 14kms
Day 9 - Thansing to Tshoka trek - (9,700 ft)
Day 10 - Tsokha to Yuksam trek
Fixed Departure Dates: reporting at NJP railway station or Bagdogra airport
- 12th April 2018
- 29th Sept 2018
- 18th Oct 2018
- 9th Nov 2018
- 26th Nov 2018
- 8th Dec 2018
- 22nd Dec 2018
|INCLUDED||Accommodation in non-ac rooms||All veg meals during trekking|
|Park & Sanctuary Fees||Parking charges|
|Transport to & fro Yuksam.||LAFL Service Charges|
|NOT INCLUDED||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||Personal expenses|
|Camera fees||Meals apart from those during the trek|
|All insurance||All tips|
|Phone and internet usage||Personal medical requirements|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.