The trek to Goechala starts in Yuksom, where the motorable road ends at an altitude of 1770 meters. It takes approximately seven and a half days to reach Goecha la and return to Yuksom. Key halting points are Sachen, Bakkhim, Tshoka, Phedang, Dzongri, Kokchurong,Thansing and Lamuney. The initial days of the trek proceeds through dense forest cover, enters bugyals, and ends in rocky terrain. The trek is highlighted by the presence of rhododendrons of various colours during the month of may.
Highlights of the Goechala trek:
- Certified, very experienced & Govt recognised ground staff.
- Good quality & different variety of food is served during the whole trek.
- Ample back up stuff. No shortage of food to any member during the trek.
- Govt. recognised & certified guide.
- Back up Oxygen cylinders for altitude issues.
- Controlled group size : max 15 per group to give good logistics to each and every member.
- Good, comfortable & hygenic staying facilities at Yuksam. No dormitories.
- LAFL organises treks with the guidance of certified mountaineers who have been to this area many times.
- Great value added services and discounts
- Added one day extra for acclimatizing, at the same cost of the previous 8 days trek.
NOTE : Arrangements to reach Yuksam can be made by us on actual costs, which can be shared by the group.
How to reach Goechala trek base village ( Yuksam) : from NJP railway station or Bagdogra airport – its around 5 hrs journey by road. We can arrange a vehicle for you at prior notice.
Day 1 - Yuksom (5,600 ft) to Sachen (7,150 ft)
Day 2 - Sachen (7,150 ft) to Tshokha (9,700 ft) via Bhakim (8,600 ft)
Day 3 - Tshokha (9,700 ft) to Dzongri (12,980 ft) via Phedang (12,000 ft)
Day 4 - Dzongri - rest day -acclimitising day
Day 5 - Dzongri - Thangsing trek- (13,000 ft)- 8kms
Day 6 - Thansing to Samiti lake -Lamuyune trek - (14,000 ft)- 8kms
Day 7 - Samiti lake -Lamuyune to Goechala pass(15,300 ft) back to Thangsing - (13,000 ft) - 14kms
Day 8 - Thansing to Tshoka trek - (9,700 ft)
Day 9 - Tsokha to Yuksam trek
Fixed Departure Dates:
- 1st May 2017
|INCLUDED||Accommodation in non-ac rooms (Triple sharing)||All veg meals during trekking|
|Camping gear*||Inner Line Fees|
|Park & Sanctuary Fees||Parking charges|
|LAFL coordinator||LAFL Service Charges|
|NOT INCLUDED||All beverages (including bottled mineral water)||Personal expenses|
|Camera fees||Meals apart from those during the trek|
|All insurance||All tips|
|Phone and internet usage||Personal medical requirements|
|All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
Please note that cancellation charges are calculated of the total amount payable and not of advance amount. If 100% of the amount is not paid while registering, the cancellation policy stands void.