Matheran Trek via Dodhani
This trek starts from a quaint village near New Panvel near Mumbai and reaches on the top at Sunset point in Matheran , in Maharashtra.
Matheran, which means “forest on the forehead” (of the mountains) is an eco-sensitive region, declared by the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Government of India. It is Asia’s only automobile-free hill station
Matheran is a hill station, near Mumbai, in the west Indian state of Maharashtra. It’s known for its mild climate and well-preserved colonial architecture. Motor vehicles are banned and many visitors arrive by narrow-gauge railway on the 1907 Neral–Matheran Toy Train. The Panorama Point lookout offers views across the mountains of the Western Ghats. Louisa Point has views of waterfalls and the ancient Prabal Fort.
Easy to Moderate level of trekking. A enthusiastic beginner trekker can do this trek.
Out of Mumbai participants
- One can arrive a day before to Mumbai. We can make special arrangements to stay on request.
- Pick up and drop from Airport or Railway station can be arranged.
Highlights of the trek
- Easy to moderate difficulty level.
- Asia’s only automobile-free hill station
- Meals included – Breakfast & Snacks
- Guided trek
Day 1 - Assemble
- Assemble at 6:30 am , Panvel Rly. Station
- Travel to Dodhani village in local transport.
- Trek starts from Dodhani village, around 2 hrs trek to the top at Sunset Point in Matheran.
- Lunch and relax for the afternoon.
- descend back the same route.
- reach base village and catch local transport to Panvel Rly. Stn.
- trip Ends.
|INCLUDED||Breakfast & Snacks||Trekking guide|
|Local transport from Panvel Rly. Stn to Dodhani and back|
|NOT INCLUDED||travel upto Panvel and back.||lunch|
|All beverages & mineral water||All not mentioned in the ‘Included’ section|
7th July 2019